Sunday, April 20, 2008

It's official!


Yesterday my friend Jessica Schippers and I purchased our tickets to travel to Italy this summer! We have been considering over the past year and have waivered back and forth whether or not we should go, but we made it official yesterday by purchasing our tickets!

As of now, our plan is to travel to Italy on July 13th and spend a few days there traveling around Rome and visiting many of the churches and Vatican city. Once we have spent a few days there (and most likely be overwhelmed by the city itself), we are going to retreat to Cortina, Italy into the Dolomite Mountains. There we will meet up with the Apostles of the Interior Life. We will spend several days there. Finally we will travel to Milan, Italy for a day before we head back to the States on July 23rd.
The Apostles are the religious order that I am part of in the Collaborator movement. This coming January 1st, if things go as planned, Jessica and I will be taking promises with the Collaborators as a laity, along with others. Being with the community this summer will be a time of formation, preparation, and retreat before we take the promises!

I am looking forward to this experience and will be excited to share it with you as well!

1 comment:

Liesel said...

Oh, wow! I didn't realize how much I would like to go back until my heart skipped a beat as I read you bought your tickets. I am so glad you went ahead and did it. You won't regret it!!