Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow Day #3


So yesterday before work I turned on the news and watched the weather...there was word that we may receive a few inches over the evening. When I arrived at work, one of my colleagues said, "Snow day tomorrow?". I replied, "Don't jinx us!". Although I am not sure that I wanted one....the only reason is that every day that we miss we have to add at the end of the year. However, once last night rolled around, I got the snow day bug and kind of hoped for a day off...but honestly did not expect it at all...

However, just in the event that there was one, I left my email up last night so that when I awoke this morning I could see if school was cancelled. I checked...we had school...or so I thought...and so I jumped into the shower. Checked just in case when I got out of the shower, and to my surprise, SNOW DAY!
I have to admit, I am glad. It's always great to get an unexpected day off...

It has been a great day...I went ahead and stayed up....so by 8:00 I already had my planning done for Friday's lesson. Then I went to Mass, took care of things that I keep putting off due to lack of time, went running, caught up on this blog, and now I am about to go see my former roommate Katie and her husband and son. They have asked me to be the Godmother of their second child. So tonight I am going to go to their house for dinner, play with Joachim a bit, and then go to Baptism formation with Msgr. Krische.

It has been a great day, and a great way to almost lead into the 3-day weekend...I must say, teaching has it's perks!
Have a great snow day, no matter what you are doing!
P.S. - Don't worry mom, I have on the Snowman Socks in celebration!

No comments: