Friday, September 21, 2007

Soulja Boy...Teacher Rendition

Well being one of the new teachers has its benefits....no one really knows you! So you can do crazy things that are either outside of your comfort zone or just be who you have become and be somewhat outgoing! With that said, I volunteered to be in the pep assembly with four other teachers...

PHS is not known for its spirit, however I think things may be changing this year. There is a new stu-co teacher who has great visions and really made the assembly great this year. Of course the students deserve the credit for organizing, planning, and designing the assembly, however they were influenced with some new ideas....so this year it was encouraged that the teachers did a skit or something...

I don't know about you, but I have been out of the loop. Have you ever heard of the artist Soulja Boy and his song Crank That? Well once I volunteered, I realized this is a new craze in high schools at least. This song has its own dance...so for the assembly there was a staged dance off between the teachers and the football players to this song. We, the teachers, had the privilege of starting the dance off. The football players put us to shame, but I think the students really enjoyed it!

I hope you do too...check out the video below! I am in the back row, it may be a bit hard to see me, but you get the point!


If you want to see how it's really done...

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1034149&fr=yfp-t-101

I hope you had a good laugh out of my craziness...

5 comments:

Adrienne D said...

Lauren! That was AWESOME! You rock!:) I am out of the loop; I didn't know there was such a dance! You crazy!;)

Anonymous said...

I concur--awesome! What fun:) I am also glad to see that conferences went well and I hope you have a wonderful "day off." I'll see you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Lauren -

Wow! This is the first time I have visited your site and I have to tell you, I am amazed! You are incredibly talented and look like you are having such a wonderful time! How is it you've grown up so much and I'm not getting any older??? :) I am very, very proud of you!

Cousin Kelly

Unknown said...

Oh Dirn, that sooooo just made my day!

Anonymous said...

Lauren, your blog just made my day! I have this huge smile on my face! You are an amazing writer and an extroardinary dancer! You need to teach me your moves, girl! Things seem to be going so well for you...that makes me so happy. Know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers!
I love you, Lauren!