Friday, September 21, 2007

Phew...

Hello Family...it's been quite a full week and there is still more to come. This week was filled but it went quickly! As I mentioned before this was Parent Teacher Conferences and Homecoming week. So there was/is lots to do. On Monday, the freshman exec members, the other sponsor, and I assembled the pieces for our homecoming float. The theme is...Glamorous, A Red Carpet Affair. Tuesday night I went to Mass and to the Boulevard with the KCMO Young Adult Group. This event happens once a month and is enjoyable as we take in the city skyline at night, listen to live music outside, and enjoy conversation. Wednesday and Thursday consisted of getting to school at 6:30am and leaving at 8:30pm after Parent Teacher Conferences. Those went really well in my opinion. The parents seemed supportive of what I have been doing, and for those students who were not doing well, the parents put the responsibility on their child, not me. So needless to say, I felt supported by the parents. Last night, after the second round of conferences, about 60 teachers went out for a few drinks...it was a nice way to end the school week, though after teaching all day, being in a loud cafeteria for 3 hours, and then to go to a loud bar, I was tired and overstimulated and ready for bed.

Today is Friday, and I have the day OFF! Whoohoo! It is nice to have a week day to accomplish all the errands that never get done...so today will also be full, but in an enjoyable, productive day.

Tonight I will be heading back to Parkville for the Homecoming Football Game. Tomorrow morning I will be in Parkville bright and early to assemble our float for the homecoming parade, participate in the parade, and then attend a homecoming luncheon. Saturday evening I have a meeting with the Collaborators, and then later that evening I will be chaparoning the Homecoming Dance. Why I volunteered I don't know, but it should be entertaining, an eyeopening experience, and a good opportunity to see my students outside of the classroom.

Sunday will consist of attending Mass, celebrating my friend's birthday, and school work!

Well that's all I got for now...be looking forward to updates from Homecoming weekend!

Love, Lauren

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greaat video. Your mother ain't (I mean isn't) going to believe it.

Sounds like your doing great. Just as I predicted. Have fun ---be crazy.

Love, Tom