Friday, September 04, 2009

Nature's Call 17

For the past 15 years or so, my friend Greg Doring has been heading up a young adult campout over Labor Day weekend. This year was #17!

For the past few years I have toyed with the idea of going, but it always coincided with the Dirnberger family reunion. This year, however, I decided to go camping instead of attending the reunion. [Thanks to my aunt Germaine and uncle Peck who celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary this summer, so I was able to at least be in the presence of my family.]

I love to camp, and therefore this weekend was a great getaway in nature!

I attended with several of my friends and nearly 150 other young adults.

The weekend was full of various traditions such as....
A Taste of NC, shopping for groceries in the small passing towns as we traveled to the camp site at Lake Pomme de Terre!

Playing greased pig (a game similar to water polo with a watermelon greased in lard)
It was fun to be a player and then also a spectator!

Attending a street dance (at the campsite), that our group populated!

Cooking out and late night bonfires!


Spending time with friends
sweet v. evil???

Adrienne and I and the guys in the back!

rest, sports, swimming, conversations....

This also gave me the opportunity to get to know Nathan more...

Definitely a great way to spend Labor Day weekend...no work...all leisure and relaxation!

No comments: