Monday, December 15, 2008

Prepping for Christmas!

Anne Marie and I decided to purchase a real tree this year! It was quite an adventure!

We purchased a tree, it grew in size as it entered our home, and unfortunately it was a few knobs too thick to fit into the tree stand....but no worries.....

Little did I know that my roommate had a hand saw in her closet, and even if I did, who knew that we would ever need it!


Then during the final week of school before the "holiday" break, our staff had a Tacky Christmas Sweater Contest. I competed last year, but was nowhere close in the running. So this year, I went to my friend, Jenni B, the most dependable resource one could have for such an event.....especially when one owns over 50 broaches!

I overheard in the office one day that the true winner will actually be wearing a tacky sweater, not just tacky Christmas attire, so I knew I had a chance! Not only did I have on the tacky sweater, but I had on a tacky sweatshirt below with multiple broaches, necklaces, and a tree turtle neck...I could have even worn additional attire, but I will save that for next year! Here's a glance of the winning combination. Don't mind the angle of the camera which has enhanced the cheesiness of the photo....


To give full honor to Jenni and her winning wardrobe, here is the announcement made highlighting her contributions to the win!

"Lauren Dirnberger was our big winner. Please see attachments to check out Lauren's beautiful ensemble. Lauren seemed to combine every terribly tacky piece she could think of - lights, puff paint, pins ,appliqué art and a nice sweater to keep her warm on this cold, snowy day."

And here was the stiff competition....

Until next year, may the broach be with you!

No comments: