The weekend after Labor Day, I made a second trip home to St. Louis to attend my friends Adrienne and Steve's wedding. Since the wedding was not until early evening, I took a road trip with my aunt Jeannie to Jackson, MO to watch my cousin Michael run his first CC race. It was so much fun and it reminded me what a great sport CC is and how blessed I continue to be with the values and friends I gained from participating in this sport.
Since this was the first meet of the year, this meet had grade level races rather than freshman, junior varsity, and varsity races. Michael along with his freshman teammates ran in the freshman race. We were able to watch the start, see them around the one mile marker and then at the finish. When the runners came by us at the one mile marker the only one to be seen was Michael, with another runner a little behind him! Wow! We were so excited. The next time we were going to see Michael was at the finish! Here he came around the tree in first place. The second place runner started gaining distance on him, but Michael held off and won the race! No matter if he won or not, it was my pleasure to experience his first meet with him and to see my old coaches!
Here are a few pics and video clips. I tried to put a small video together, but my program was not cooperating!
The Start...
Michael taking the lead...
The proud mom!
What a stud...
The Finish
Congratulations Michael!
No comments:
Post a Comment