Sunday, October 14, 2007

Weekend Leisure

Since Friday was the end of the quarter, things at school seemed to wrap themselves up and I did not have to bring much to do this week! Yeehaw!

This weekend was like none other I have experienced in a long time. When I got to school on Friday morning, one of my colleagues said, "Happy hour after school?" And I thought sure why not...we put in a full week and a full quarter of the school year! So three of us went out to O'Dowd's an Irish pub in Zona Rosa (Parkville). Then the excitement of the weekend began...One of the teachers owns a horse named Glory. So she took us out to the farm for an evening of horseback riding...It was a low key affair since there was only one horse and the horse had to take her time getting used to us strangers. But regardless, it was a great evening with the nice breeze, watching the sunset, and riding a horse out on the farm! Following that I headed to an adoration chapel for some time to pray, rest and just be.

Saturday was another unique day. I got up and went to Mass. There were thunderstorms all morning, so what better to do, then to go back home and crawl up and read a book....So I read for awhile, took a nap, watched a movie with my roommate (mom can you believe it? I watched a movie!), then I got ready for the evening. I think it was the first day in a long time that I didn't do anything truly productive! That night I went to a Catholic young adult event titled the Hee-Haw Hoedown. We had some country fixin's, a caller for square dancing, bobbing for apples, and a bonfire...We had a good time.

Sunday, I slept in, went to Mass, worked on a meditation I am going to be giving at the Collaborator meeting, spent a few hours at Loose Park, went running, and now I am home for the evening cleaning, doing laundry, and to do a bit of school work!


I guess I am sharing this to encourage all of you to have a weekend of four "R"s.....resting, recuperating, and retreating! It is certainly rejuvenating!

I hope you all have a great week!
Love, Lauren

No comments: