Park Hill High School (Riverside, MO)
Hello Friends and Family, now that I have changed my residency from Missouri to Kansas and changed my teaching certification from Kansas to Missouri (all backwards I know), it's official! I am now a teacher!
I have now put in 4 of 9 days of orientation, training, classroom policy/procedure preparing, and lesson planning. I truly believe that I am blessed to be part of an awesome district. The Park Hill administration shows sincere care for its staff and students. I could not have asked for more generous and considerate colleagues. Simply, I believe I have been blessed with the best placement for my first year of teaching. I am confident I will still be able to say the same once the students arrive and I am teaching in the classroom.
The front view of the school.
Due to the increasing enrollment, there are not enough classrooms for all of the teachers, so I will be traveling from room to room each block, however no complaints on my end...I mean, that's money and time I do not have spend right now to decorate a room!
Here is a view of Kansas City from the front of school just on the other side of the river.
I will be teaching three 1 1/2 hour blocks each day. I am also fortunate to have a block of plan. I will be teaching the same course all three blocks, primarily to freshman. Park Hill South has semester math courses, therefore I will be teaching Algebra first semester and then switch to Geometry second semester.
Go Panthers!
Though the days have been a bit long and draining, I am getting more and more excited for the first day of school. I can't wait to meet my students and have funny anecdotes to share with you! Until then....I love ya and good luck to all those entering the beginning of another academic year, no matter which end of the system you are on!

1 comment:
Way to go Miss Dirnberger!!! I am so excited for you!!! The school looks great...BIG, but great. How have all the meetings gone! You are on your way to a great year. I can't wait to hear the funny stories. Love ya!
Lori
Post a Comment